Monday, January 28, 2008

Final decision


i have changed the plan once again... simply because i did not have the tools to do the earlier plan.

as you can see, its almost finished. just needs small touch ups over the next few days and it will be done :) so what do people thing??? anything that needs work?

and sorry the picture is so horrible... cant get hold of a digital camera, so thats with my phone... but yes.

if you have ever been taught to paint in black and white, you will understand how much of a hell it is...

instead of infinite colours to describe the form and shapes of the model, you get 2... that and the fact that anything you mix with black becomes "Dirty" makes it a nightmare.
so for my third ever time painting in black and white i think its not to bad.

so leave a comment on what i need to fix now ok>??? LOTS OF COMMENTS PLEASE!

4 comments:

castalnetta said...

oh... my god.. WOW..

Pannis McMannis said...

you know when something is complete, when there's nothing more to add

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, yummy yummy! My favorite bit the the red background! Pretty~

I love how you've done the red rose; but I can't make sense of the b/w rose. Is that a stalk going through its petals?

And I think the b/w side needs more shading. It's currently only hatched along the petals.

Yay Vincent! Painting on canvas is hell hard, and this is l'awesome :)

Pannis McMannis said...

Please do not take offense to this as it is my very own opinion to the art work you've made.
I don't feel anything from it, to me it lacks feel, don't know if you might see it too or if it was done intentionally or maybe i'm trying to read more into a painting of this category (being it is just a pair of roses)
Life can be in colour, doesn't always have to be in black and white. <-- is that what you're trying to communicate across - IF AT ALL.